Commonwealth Automobile Reinsurers announced that is now accepting Request for Proposals for Executive Recruiting Services to assist the Governing Committee in the selection of a candidate to succeed CAR’s outgoing President Ralph Iannaco. Mr. Iannaco announced his retirement earlier this year effective June 30th. In the announcement it states that the Governing Committee is seeking proposals from recruiter/search firms involved in recruiting candidates for a chief executive officer position. The firm chosen will be asked to search for qualified candidates, screen applicants, check references, provide a comparative analysis of preferred candidates, and assist the Governing Committee and its subcommittee (a Preliminary Screening Committee) in making its preliminary and final selections.
Interested candidates have until May 6, 2011 to submit their proposal, and may view here the complete Request for Proposal.
The Present Governing Committee of CAR is comprised of the following members:
- Mr. William J. Cahill of The Hanover Insurance Company (Chairman)
- Mr. Richard P. Jones of The Leslie S. Ray Insurance Agency, Inc. (Vice Chairman)
- Mr. Andrew J. Carpentier of The Quincy Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Mr. David H. Cochrane of The Commerce Insurance Company
- Mr. Sumner D. Gilman of The Economy Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Ms. Paula W. Gold of The Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation
- Mr. Joseph P. Leahy, Jr. of Leahy & Brown Insurance and Realty
- Mr. Raymond A. Lukas of Chase, Clarke, Stewart & Fontana
- Mr. James M. MacPhee of The Liberty Mutual Group
- Mr. Robert P. Suglia of Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- Ms. Marie Armel Theodat of R. Theodat Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Mr. Joseph A. Vargas of Vargas & Vargas Insurance
Members of the Preliminary Screening Committee include the Chair, David Cochrane of the Commerce Insurance Company, Richard Jones of the Leslie S. Ray Insurance Agency, Inc., Joseph Vargas of the Vargas & Vargas Insurance Agency, and William Cahill of The Hanover Insurance Company.