In the latest rating news from A.M. Best, the country’s oldest rating agency recently affirmed the ratings for both The Hanover and Travelers.
The Hanover maintains its A Rating
A.M. Best has affirmed the financial strength rating (FSR) and the issuer credit ratings (ICR) of the subsidiaries of the patent holding company, The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. also referred to collectively as Hanover Insurance Group Property and Casualty Companies (“The Hanover”). According to the rating agency Hanover’s FSR rating of A (Excellent) and ICR of “a” reflects, “…The Hanover’s solid risk-adjusted capitalization stemming from favorable operating earnings and prudent capital management…[i]n addition, the ratings reflect The Hanover’s sound business profile and diversified product offerings, especially in the commercial and specialty segments of its book of business…”
The following is a list of the subsidiaries for which the FSR of A (Excellent) and the ICRs of “a” have been affirmed:
- AIX Specialty Insurance Company
- Allmerica Financial Alliance Insurance Company
- Allmerica Financial Benefit Insurance Company
- Campmed Casualty & Indemnity Company, Inc.
- Citizens Insurance Company of America
- Citizens Insurance Company of Ohio
- Citizens Insurance Company of the Midwest
- Citizens Insurance Company of Illinois
- The Hanover American Insurance Company
- The Hanover Insurance Company
- The Hanover Lloyd’s Insurance Company
- The Hanover New Jersey Insurance Company
- Massachusetts Bay Insurance Company
- NOVA Casualty Company
- Professionals Direct Insurance Company
- Verlan Fire Insurance Company
Ratings affirmed for The Premier Insurance Company of Massachusetts
In addition to affirming the financial strength rating of A++ (Superior) of The Travelers Companies, also known as the Travelers Group, and its affiliates, A.M. Best also affirmed the financial strength ratings and ICR of The Premier Insurance Company of Massachusetts. Based in Worcester, Premier has a FSR rating of A (Excellent) and an ICR rating of “a+”.