The on-line event began this Monday April 4th and ends Friday April 22, 2016
A new free conference for insurance agents, Insurance Agent Summit (www.insuranceagentsummit.com), will begin next week on Monday, April 4th, 2016. Calling itself the “world’s largest online event for insurance agents”, the online-only event will feature more than 60 insurance agents and experts sharing step-by-step strategies on how agents can better their businesses. Industry partners in the event include Trusted Choice, NetVu, PIA and NAIFA.
The event is being organized by Brian Appleton, one of the co-founders of the GROW Program and the founder of his own insurance consulting firm, Appleton Companies. Mr. Appleton, who now works with technology start-ups that build tools for the insurance industry is also the author of the Amazon bestseller, Customer Service is Just Foreplay: The Modern Customer Experience Will Separate You Apart From Your Competition. He also organizes an online community that helps independent agents with their businesses.
Mr. Appleton says his inspiration for creating the Insurance Agent Summit was to help independent insurance agents work together to learn and share insights that can help them grow.
The multiple-week event, beginning on Monday, April 4th, will focus on a wide array of topics broken down into four different categories: Systems & Automation; Leads & Sales; Hiring & Outsourcing; and Productivity & Efficiency. Leading insurance industry speakers, who are scheduled to speak during the three-week event, include among others:
- Ryan Hanley, Director of Marketing of Trustedchoice.com and AgencyNation.com;
- Kitty Ambers, CEO of NetVU;
- Steve Anderson, an Authority on Insurance Technology, Productivity and Profitability;
- Kevin M. Mayeux, CEO of NAIFA;
- Jonas Roeser, CEO & Co-Founder Agent Review;
- Michael Jans, CEO of Agency Revolution; and
- Keynote speaker Jeremiah Desmarais, Founder, Agency Growth Academy
The Summit will also feature three Massachusetts insurance professionals as speakers
Among those also slated to give presentations are three well-known Massachusetts insurance professionals: Bruce Cochrane, President/CEO of the Renaissance Insurance Group; Carlos Vargas, Founder – Vargas & Vargas Insurance, Podcaster, Educator; and Sheldon Snodgrass, Owner and President of the Steady Sales Group.
For Bruce Cochrane, President/CEO of the Renaissance Group, it was Mr. Appleton’s ability to draw such an interesting roster of insurance professionals to the Summit that drew him to participate.
I was honored to have been asked to speak at the Insurance Agent Summit. Brian has gone beyond what anyone could have ever expected and has brought together the absolute best agents and thought leaders I have ever seen compiled for one event.
Having access to over sixty of the best entrepreneurial and thought leading minds in our industry is priceless in these lightning fast moving times. I’m looking forward with anticipation to any and everything I can learn from these professionals who are out there on the front lines pushing the envelope of innovation.”
Mr. Cochrane will speak on Day 8 of the event, which is Monday, April 11th. His talk is entitled, “The Future of the Insurance Agent and Industry.”
When asked about why he is participating, Sheldon Snodgrass, Owner and President of Steady Sales based in Springfield said,
When I got an invitation from a trustworthy pioneer to jump head-first into a 21st century teaching opportunity with independent insurance agents I didn’t flinch. Not only do I think Brian Appleton’s vision for the Insurance Agent Summit is inspiring, he also assembled a roster of who’s who experts in the field to teach the very audience that I serve. To lend my voice alongside many acclaimed industry authorities is a high honor.”
Mr. Snodgrass will speak on Day 7 of the event, which will be Sunday, April 10th. He will discuss “How To Get Your CSR’s To UpSell, CrossSell, Qualify And Close More Consistently.”
As for Carlos Vargas, of Vargas and Vargas Insurance, he believes the Insurance Agent Summit affords an agent a golden opportunity to learn from industry leaders and friends. “We [independent insurance agents] are all in this together,” says Mr. Vargas, “We should STOP looking at each other as competition, and start co-opetion (made this word up last week). We need to learn how to cooperate with each other to fight off the direct writers and the online companies.”
Mr. Vargas’ talk is scheduled for Day 14 of the Summit, on Sunday, April 17th. The title of his presentation is “How To Use Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Brokers And Closing Attorneys As Lead Machines.”
Why we decided to mention this Summit
Agency Checklists thought it worthwhile to mention this event because it looks like it might provide some good ideas for agents on how to better run their insurance agency business in the Commonwealth.
Another important reason is the price. If you register and attend during the month of April, it is absolutely free for agents. As Mr. Appleton adds on the Insurance Agent Summit website, the following reasons are why he thinks an independent insurance agent should consider attending:
Learn Directly From People Who’ve Done It (and reduce your learning curve)
Why waste time experimenting when you can learn directly from people who’ve done what you want to do…straight from the horse’s mouth.
The speakers I’ve hand selected will empower you by teaching you what really works…so you can be more productive, generate more leads and close more business and make this your biggest year yet.
Free For A Limited Time (only if you sign up TODAY)
Most conferences cost thousands to attend. Because I know how powerful this event is going to be, I’m giving you a free ticket…but only if you claim it right now.Value Packed Video Interviews
No boring talking heads! You get to see the expert speakers and I have a real, raw, authentic conversation about a topic in-depth, with instant takeaways and actionable advice you can use immediately.Network With Top Agents & Thought Leaders
During the event…between sessions, and after, you’ll make valuable connections with people just like you through our private Facebook group. This is available only to conference participants.
The last major advantage of this Summit, in Agency Checklists’ opinion, is that an agent doesn’t have to leave home to attend. In addition to the free entry, the Summit has been constructed so as to be flexible, agents can access Summit content on their own schedules. During the free portion of the event in April 2016, each interview will be live for 48 hours. If you purchase the VIP all access pass, however, agents will have access to all the interviews and bonus material forever.
Some of the topics that will be covered at the event
On a final note, in a query to Mr. Appleton, he sent Agency Checklists the following list of topics that will be covered:
- How a six-agent agency (four personal lines and two commercial lines) grew by over $3.3 million dollars in new business and got their retention to 94.6% in 3 short years.
- The exact LinkedIn strategy an agent used to write a $350,000 revenue account for their agency, and it only took him 20 minutes.
- How one agent built an online lead machine that brought him 20,000 leads in the last year alone on autopilot while he took a three-month vacation to Europe.
- How an agent built a blog that to-date has had over 10 Million visitors, all while living in a town of less than 25,000 people.
- Why one agent writes books titled “The Naked Lawyer” and “The Naked Pizza Franchisee or Independent Pizza Owner” and how he closes 87% of his prospects from those that receive one of his books.
- How one agent got a restaurant (worth $75,000 in premium) to become a client of his simply because they saw one of his videos online.
- The exact strategies one agent used in the month of January to generate three BOR’s and over $90,000 in revenue.
- The exact strategies used to find, hire, train and develop 34 producers, of which 29 stuck and wrote a combined $17 million in revenue, with 14 of them becoming million-dollar producers.
- How one agent built a lifestyle business that allowed him to take 14 weeks of vacation last year while his business still grew by 14%.
More information on how to attend…
Interested in registering? Click on the screenshot below and you can sign-up directly below. Let us know how it goes….