Website Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
Cinch is a fast growing start-up within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance. We set out to build a modern, customer-focused, digital platform to help professionals and small businesses buy and manage insurance smarter and faster – all which saves them time and money.
As a Customer Advisor, Sales and Service, you’ll provide exceptional service to existing Cinch customers, and prospective customers, and drive growth through voice, chat, and email. We’re looking for problem solvers to be advocates for our customers and the Cinch brand. Customer Advisors will also directly contribute to improving the Cinch experience by providing ongoing Voice of Customer and user experience feedback.
You will be part of a small team that is focused on exceeding customer expectations and helping build the Cinch business.
Why this position is different:
- We are looking for intelligent, customer focused individuals looking to do something different in insurance.
- We don’t obsess over average call handle time; instead, we focus on doing the right thing for the customer.
- We empower you to solve the customer’s problem on the first interaction while delivering a personal, empathetic experience.
- We offer bonus for both sales and service components of the position.
What you’ll do:
- Act as an advocate for customers and prospects through a variety of channels, including voice, chat, and email.
- Advise customers on insurance products and coverages based on their individual needs.
- Grow the Cinch book of business.
- Become an expert in the small commercial insurance space, including but not limited to, professional liability and medical malpractice products.
- Drive customer experience improvements by continuously surfacing Voice of Customer feedback and operational enhancements across the Cinch team.
- Help increase customer retention by tracking trends affecting their experience.
- Make outbound communications to obtain policy information and pursue renewal opportunities.
Who you are:
- A problem solver that constructively questions processes and procedures.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who wants to roll up your sleeves and make things better.
- Experienced in one or more of the following: insurance, retail, eCommerce, call center, or other customer service or sales environments. Insurance experience is a plus but not required.
- An expert communicator, both written and verbal.
- Interested in insurance and becoming an expert in Cinch’s insurance products.
- Strong attention to detail – little mistakes drive you nuts.
- Eager to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, start-up team environment.
- Property and Casualty License is preferred, but not required. If not already licensed, you will be required to become a Licensed Insurance Agent upon joining (costs will be covered by Cinch).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.