Website Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company
Family Matters. No Matter What.
Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company (Boston Mutual) was founded in 1891 and has been a stable financially strong company for 125 years. Boston Mutual is proud to promote our corporate principles of Service, Value, and Integrity. As well as being a financially strong and reputable company to do business with, Boston Mutual offers its employees a wide array of competitive benefits to full time employees. These include Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous paid vacation time, free parking, paid holidays, 401K program, Flex Spending, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program as well as offering flexible work schedules.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist.
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Be knowledgeable students of our business.
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
- Be professional, polite and courteous.
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The Disability Claim Examiner is responsible for managing and processing all assigned claims while demonstrating the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
The Disability Claim Examiner is expected to:
- Manage the assigned caseload of insurance claims.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing claims, evaluates medical records and requests additional information when needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service handling claim related calls.
- Creates written correspondence.
- Able to interpret and evaluate policy/contract revisions.
- Review pending claims on a monthly basis.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal requirements. Maintains privacy of confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years disability claims experience required.
- Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong business knowledge
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize a high volume of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail while meeting goals and strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Shows initiative with a “can do attitude” and the ability to implement changes that will improve workflow.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Exceptional skills using MS Office.