Protecting homes, autos, and businesses since 1825 through local, independent agents
At The N&D® Group, we have been covering local homeowners, drivers, and businesses with personalized insurance policies since 1825. As a locally grown insurance company, we know the region, know the risks, and know the right coverage.
We are currently in search of a driven, energetic and well-organized professional who can serve as a Casualty Claims Examiner within our Claims Division.
Under the supervision of a Claims Supervisor, the Claims Examiner works with policy holders, claimants, agents, field adjusters, subject matter experts and attorneys to manage liability exposures associated with commercial and homeowner policies.
- Managing a caseload of commercial and homeowner liability claims
- Analyzing complex policies, lease agreements and contracts to ensure accurate coverage interpretation and determination
- Utilizing internal and external resources to investigate facts of loss with the purpose of accurately documenting liability and to rule out fraud
- Creating appropriate reserves and expense recommendations for management when appropriate
- Monitoring vendor usage and controlling expense costs
- 3 or more years of experience working in claims (Commercial General Liability is a plus)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Advanced Degree is a plus)
- Insurance designation (AINS, AIC, CPCU, etc.) Preferred
- Be comfortable engaging in negotiations with consumers and attorneys
- Possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Be proficient with various software products including, but not limited to Word, Excel & Outlook
We offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision & life insurance, pension and a 401(k) with match.
Our offices are located on the Charles River in historic Dedham, Massachusetts. Our employees enjoy the use of a subsidized on-site café, fitness center and free parking.
The Norfolk & Dedham Group® is an Equal Opportunity Employer