Website Orchid Underwriters Agency, LLC
Orchid is a niche wholesaler, focusing on providing access to af
Orchid Underwriters Agency, LLC (Orchid) is currently looking for a Business Development Regional Manager. This person will be responsible for generating qualified quote submissions and growing written premium through the agents in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania region. The right fit for this role is a person that is currently serving in this capacity, able to identify opportunities for growth within our current sales force, identifies new business growth, including new prospects, and able to build or cultivate relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initially assesses all agents and quantify opportunity and meets with key large agents.
• Generates qualified submissions.
• Meets or exceeds key performance indicators (In order of priority: Quote submissions, WP, QTB, retention).
• Ultimately responsibility for existing agent base in region. Develops proactive agent management strategy for the region.
• Identifies and develops new agents.
• Coordinates with VP on larger/high value agents – divide and conquer to get necessary objectives completed.
• Proactively monitors, understands, and corrects key performance indicators outliers with agents.
• Provides account management support with new and existing agents.
• Provides setup and training for new agents.
• Performs general marketing support and research.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 10 years P&C industry experience.
• Previous account management experience.
• 50-60% Travel – road warrior experience and mentality.
• Ability to work remotely and multi-task. When working from home, have a secure, quiet location.
• Comfortable with and motivated by variable compensation.
• Passion to remove obstacles and get any job done.
• Possess a professional demeanor in a fast-paced production environment.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct business in a professional and ethical manner.
• Must be team-oriented.
• Must be able to handle pressure and adversity.
• Must be results-oriented.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• P&C insurance license.
• E&S experience.
• Knowledge of HO underwriting/process.
• Retail agent, carrier experience, or both.
• Strong relationship building skills to any level of the organization, from CSR to Executive.
• Operational knowledge of underwriting and processing functions in insurance.
• Comprehensive knowledge of insurance products and concepts along with advanced knowledge of underwriting practices and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain quality relationships with agents, co-workers and management.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Project/Time Management.
• Client Relationships.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
• Negotiation and Persuasion Skills.
• Business Intelligence.
Orchid is a niche wholesaler, focusing on providing access to affluent personal and commercial lines coverage in both the admitted and non-admitted markets. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as an employer-matched 401(k) plan.
If you think you have the right skills and a great attitude to match, please apply today!
Orchid Underwriters Agency, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.