FRANK C. BERRY
60 Annawon Ave, Wrentham, MA 02093
Accomplished team driven insurance executive, successful at leading sales and service teams through planning, development and implementation of operational strategy. Results oriented, self starting problem solver with a passion for sales and customer service and a proven record of success building a new enterprise. A dynamic manager focused on building a coordinated approach to goal planning and achievement.
RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES
Field Sales Manager 03/2017
- Handle New England states to write and retain business through wholesaling for 28 carriers
- Oversee Marketing Reps in NY & NJ
- Work with Underwriting staff in NY, as well as all carrier staffs
- Market Personal and Commercial line products
- Interact with E&S units to expand the Standard Line markets
- Represent the company at all Marketing and sales events
- Rebuild the New England market
PONCHO INSURANCE, LLC
Director of Insurance Operations 04/2016 to 12/2016
- Responsible for hiring, training and coaching insurance personnel for the agency,
- Established and managed carrier relationships, taught underwriting guidelines, oversaw operations; worked towards increased revenue and cost containment,
- Implemented and monitored training of EPIC – CRM,
- Developed and instituted an Affinity Marketing program for high-tech start ups. Initiated a coastal Affinity Plan.
NARRAGANSETT BAY INSURANCE COMPANY
AVP State Manager MA & RI / Director of Agency Sales 07/2007 TO 04/2016
- Original Marketing team that built NBIC from -$0- to $300M in 9 years selling coastal Homeowners and Fire policies in 3, and later 4 states.
- Originally handled MA/RI/NY, and on-boarding of all new agents.
- Responsible for prospecting, appointing, installing, measuring and monitoring agency distribution relationships.
- Acted as point person for $10M book roll from Adirondack Insurance Exchange (OBI) to NBIC, establishing NBIC on Long Island and in Downstate NY.
- Worked with state bureaus and organizations to acquire coastal books and de-populate state plans.
- Created ad campaigns and contests; radio, TV and print.
- Worked with Red Sox and Pawsox organizations as well as other vendors.
- Used USPS target market systems to increase efficiency.
- Assisted in creation of most NBIC policies, documents and programs: Underwriting guidelines, endorsements, Shelterpride guidelines, brochures, training programs and Powerpoint presentations, all agent and client facing material.
Registered Representative 08/1979 to 07/2007
- Sold P&C products, as well as Life Insurance, Mutual Funds, and Real Estate Limited Partnerships.
- Built a book of 4100 P&C accounts with a 93.5% retention. P&C Premium was $4.6M.
- Multiple time Liberty Leader.
- Trained and mentored many Liberty Leaders and award winners.
- Handled all Liberty executives and Blue Chip accounts in the Boston area.
Motivated, Self Starter, Organized, Affinity Marketing experience, Sales Trainer, Coaching, PowerPoint presentations, Creation of Marketing materials, Underwriting knowledge, Book Roll experience
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
Liberty Leader, Liberty Life Leader. Homeowner Plus Award, Auto plus Award
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BACHELOR OF ARTS: PSYCHOLOGY
Xerox Sales Training
I & II
CIC Courses/LUTCF Courses
- Volunteer Past President ( VP, Sect ) N E 1752 Club (Insurance Marketing & Underwriting)
- Junior Achievement Teaching, 1989 – 1992
- Junior Achievement Bowlathon 2012 – 2015
- Xaverian High School Soccer Coach 1989 – 1991
- Wrentham Youth Soccer Coach & Vice President 1994 – 2004
- Organized, managed, played OAF (Old and Fat) Soccer League 1997 – 2007
- Organized the NBIC Ice-Bucket Challenge 2015
Note from Agency Checklists: If you would like a copy of this resume, please access the .pdf version of Mr. Berry’s resume here.