Analyst (Commercial Lines)
HOLLY L. MADSEN
Information Technology Professional with extensive experience and passion for Software Quality Assurance, from insightful requirements gathering and analysis through pre-release testing. Experience in onshore / offshore models utilizing a variety of frameworks: Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative methodologies. Proficient in analyzing, designing, and executing test cases and resolving business problems.
Exceptional skills include:
- Business requirement analysis & gathering
- Presentation and demo facilitation
- Comprehensive end to end software test design and execution
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Regression, negative and positive testing
- Cross functional project team leadership
SOFTWARE, LANGUAGES & TOOLS
Microsoft Office Suite, BusinessObjects, JIRA, HP ALM(Quality Center), SOAP UI 5.0, Quick Test Pro, Winrunner,
SQL, TOAD, QMF, JCL, TSO, WSF2, Policy Management System(PMS), EasyTrievePLUS, XML, Point of Sale(POS),
Siebel 200, VisualBasic, DB2, PeopleSoft-PeopleTools I&II, PeopleCode, SQR
THE HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP / ALLMERICA FINANCIAL Worcester, MA 1993-2017
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (2003 – 2017)
Contributed high quality value in the Commercial Lines QA department. Performed roles of BA and in depth QA across multiple large scale projects and applications (POS, CAAMS, PMS – BOP, AUTO and Workers Comp) using Agile, Waterfall and Iterative methodologies.
- Led multiple small, medium and large size projects as a lead tester / Subject Matter Expert(SME) which consisted of onshore / offshore teams averaging 5-10 QA members.
- Facilitated defect meetings, developed test plans, executed reports and gave daily status updates on the project.
- Worked on multiple Agile, Waterfall and Iterative projects throughout Commercial Lines.
Analyzed business / functional requirements and user stories and developed detailed test scenarios and
test cases based on those requirements, user stories and use cases.
- Designed, created, and maintained test data as needed to support quality testing.
- Performed demos after each sprint to the Business, Developers, BA, Scrum master and QA to demonstrate finished products on an Agile team during sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Collaborated with Business Analysts to update requirements and created user stories for Agile projects.
- Executed end to end testing of complex manual test cases and updated results using Quality Center and JIRA.
- Executed testing of web services using Soap UI to execute XML requests and verified responses.
- Updated excel data sheets and executed automation scripts that were prepared by the test team.
- Reviewed test cases and coordinated test reviews with Developers, BA and Business Sponsors of each project.
- Created PowerPoint presentations to help Developers and Business Analysts understand our approach to test complex rating algorithms.
- Partnered with Raters, Under Writers and Business Users to incorporate their day to day workflows into Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Mentored onshore / offshore QA resources on various products to help drive efficiencies across the organization.
- Reviewed offshore test case creation and revised with written feedback on their design.
- Facilitated the offshore automation team to verify proper regression testing techniques were done during each sprint.
- Recommended automated scripts to complement and / or support manual tests.
Senior Application Developer (2001 – 2003)
Worked as a Siebel Configurator for the Allmerica Call Center Application. Provided baseline support for the Call Center. This consisted of various projects, defect / enhancement configuration work and on-call support.
- Provided on-call customer support and troubleshooting of the call center during peak hours.
- Created and maintained Applets and Views, wrote Siebel Visual Basic Code, created Links / Joins and added Views to Screens using Siebel Tools.
- Co-coordinated a Winrunner project which consisted of writing multiple automation TSL scripts (Test Script Language and C like programming Language) against Siebel. Wrote / executed scripts which were used to automate system testing for the Siebel functional team.
- Built Stored Procedures using PVCS Version Manager. These procedures are created to retrieve SQL packages used within the Siebel Call Center Application.
Information Systems Consultant (1993 – 2001)
Worked in the Corporate Finance & Accounting department supporting various client server, mainframe and pc applications as a Systems Consultant.
- Technical Lead on an SQR upgrade project to version 4.3.4. Prepared upgrade compare reports and applied
various SQR patches to all PeopleSoft applications (General Ledger, Asset Management, Accounts Payable and Purchasing Systems).
- Assisted on an upgrade project for PeopleSoft 7.06. This consisted of running upgrade compare reports and applying various patches to all PeopleSoft applications.
- Created and maintained SQR extracts / reports within an Oracle Environment to all PeopleSoft applications.
- Worked on major enhancements to all PeopleSoft applications. Looked up patches on the WEB that needed to be applied to all systems and worked with another team member to apply all necessary changes.
- Managed small projects within Corporate Finance and Corporate Services Departments:
- Disaster Recovery: Organized and created spreadsheets of all directories, hardware / software, applications, datasets etc. to be tested. Participated in the support of each application.
- NDS8 Upgrade: Organized and documented applications to be tested. This upgrade was to reduce
- Administrative costs and strengthen security across the corporation.
- Worked on the IBM 3090 / 500S mainframe using TSO, QMF, DB2, EasyTrievePLUS, JCL and WSF.
- Created and maintained multiple DB2 / QMF reports. Wrote JCL to send QMF reports on the mainframe to WSF for the Activity Based Costing System (ABC).
- Worked on a DB2 Budget system. Performed various tasks which included loading / unloading DB2 production tables and year end maintenance.
- Created JCL and EasyTrievePlus reports / extracts for an EDI project for Corporate Finance.
- Technical lead on a DB2 BusinessObjects upgrade from version 3.1 to 4.1.3. Analyzed and upgraded system to be compliant.
- Provided on call support of Business Objects which consisted of 50-100 customers to support during business hours.
- Worked on various Foxpro 2.0 and 2.6 databases. Designed reports, queries, menus and screens. Documented and maintained FoxPro system applications, worked on converting applications, analyzed current systems and wrote detailed analysis for future changes.
- Key support analyst for various MS Access97 database systems. Worked on the creation and maintenance of databases using Access Visual Basic code for various business needs.
- Provided PC support , which included installing / troubleshooting software and hardware.
Nichols College, Dudley, MA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Major: Management Information Systems
Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester, MA
Associate in Science in Business Administration – Major: Small Business Management
CERTIFICATIONS: CSTE – Certified Software Tester