The Town of Andover Central Purchasing Department has issued a request for proposals, dated October 27, 2014, for the purpose of hiring a qualified insurance agency, consultant, or insurance advisor to provide consulting and bid evaluation for Andover’s insurance needs.
All bids are due by 11:00 A.M., November 21, 2014 pursuant to the provisions of the Request for Proposals. The bidding and award of the contract will follow the requirement of M.G.L. Chapter 30B.
The contract is for three years with an anticipated contract period from December 1, 2014, to November 30, 2017. The town has listed $100,000 as a base estimate of the value of the three year contract. That figure could vary upwards and downwards depending on the amount of consulting services required during the contract.
The scope of the proposed services under the contract will be to:
- Provide Property and Casualty insurance consulting services for the upcoming fiscal year and include analysis of the following coverage’s to both the Town and School for: Property; General Liability’ Public Officials Liability; School Board Legal Liability; Police Professional Liability; Ambulance Attendants’ Errors and Omissions; Firemen’s Legal Errors and Omissions; Employment Practices Liability; Umbrella Liability; and other related Property and Casualty Coverage’s.
- Provide an annual review of insurance policies, analyzing them for their appropriateness of coverage, price and services rendered to the Town. Provide written documentation on each policy detailing the basic description of coverage’s along with any new coverage changes.
- Provide an annual estimate of insurance expenses based on Town and School performance and insurance market conditions based on knowledge of the industry. Provide advice on normal questions that may arise during the course of the fiscal year as well as provide support services to the Town on an as needed basis.
- Prepare the update of Insurance proposal specifications that will meet the Town’s needs for the three (3) year period starting July 1, 2015. During the late Winter/Spring of 2015 solicit and review the proposals received and provide a recommendation to the Town no later than May 16, 2015.
In order to qualify for consideration, each proposal must provide a statement with the following information as to the individual or organization:
- The organization must have serviced at least three (3) Massachusetts Municipalities within the last two (2) years and provide the client name, address, contact person and telephone number of each on a reference form provided in the Request for Proposals.
- An overview of the agency/firm including relevant historical data (when founded, number of employees, number of branch offices, types of services provided, etc.) and identification of the office or branch office that will perform the work required by the contract with the town.
- The names of the owners and principal management personnel of the agency/firm including the name of the president of the agency/firm and his/her official business address.
- Proof that the agency/consultant/insurance advisor is licensed to do business in the State of Massachusetts.
To review the complete terms and conditions of the request for proposals, agents or advisors can register at. http://andoverma.vt-s.net/Pages/AndoverMA_Procurement/insurance.