The 125 year-old insurer held its 20 Plus Club Service Recognition Event last month
Not many companies these days, insurance carriers included, can boast 71 employees each with more than 20 years of service. Canton-based, The Boston Mutual Insurance Company, however, can. The mutual insurer, itself celebrating its 125th anniversary this year, toasted these 71 employees for their own personal anniversaries at the company’s 20 Plus Club Service Recognition Dinner.
“We’re honored to recognize this year’s 20 Plus Club members, as well as the new inductees,” said Paul A. Quaranto, Jr., Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President at Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company. “I’m incredibly grateful to these employees for their loyalty to Boston Mutual and their support over the years.”
The Recognition Dinner, first begun in 1977, is now in its 39th year. According to the mutual insurer, any and all employees are eligible for this recognition for twenty years or more service with the company, if the anniversary of their start date occurs before June 30th of that year. In addition, employees who retired prior to June 30th, but with more than 20 years service were also recognized.
During this year’s event, which took place on June 16, 2016 at the Granite Links Golf Club in Quincy, feted the employees and their guests during a dinner reception and awards presentation. The 71 employees honored this year, constitute more than a quarter of the mutual insurer’s total staff and included both members of Boston Mutual’s home office as well as its field sales team.
Seven new members are inducted into the 20 Plus Club this year
In addition to the 64 employees who were already members of the 20 Plus Club, Boston Mutual announced the addition of the following seven associates who were inducted at this years event:
- Barbara H. Alpert, Business Relations Manager (Workplace Solutions Department – Concierge Team)
- Theresa A. Fitzgibbon, Policy Change Representative (Insurance Operations Department)
- Cheryl L. Furey, Accounting Manager (Controllers Department)
- Jeffrey K. Jacoby, Senior Regional Sales Director (Workplace Solutions Department)
- Kin Hong Leong, Director of Treasury Operations and Tax (Treasury Department)
- Elizabeth A. Morrison, Account Representative, Workplace Solutions (Insurance Operations Department)
- Adam P. Toth, Senior Regional Sales Director (Workplace Solutions Department)