The theme for this year’s meeting was “Cultivating Curiosity”
Approximately 400 insurance agency members, company partners, vendors and staff attended the Renaissance Alliance’s 2017 Annual Meeting this month.
The annual event, held once again in Newport, Rhode Island, comprised an intensive two-day program focused on learning, collaborative networking in addition to an overview of the Alliance’s goals and achievements.
This year’s theme was “Cultivate Curiosity” and was selected in order to challenge Renaissance Alliance members to continue to learn and grow. As, Renaissance Alliance’s President & CEO Bruce Cochrane explained,
Curiosity is the sparkplug that ignites innovation, creativity and successful change.”
Moreover, he stressed throughout the event the importance of agencies to continue growing and innovating. In particular, he cited moving from a transactional business model to a flexible, consultative value proposition. He also introduced the enhanced Renaissance Alliance model with its new data mining technology platform which was designed to ensure that members are well positioned to compete going forward.
Other highlights from this year’s meeting
The following are some of the additional benchmarks that the Renaissance Alliance highlighted during the two-day annual meeting:
- Premium under management for 2017 is projected at $580 million
- Agency members grew an average of 9% over the past year, more than doubling the national average growth of 4.4%
- Agency members now encompass 5 states: CT, MA, NH, NY and RI
- Three new agencies, all from Connecticut, have become members:
- AllKane Insurance Agency, Stamford CT
- The Haas Agency, Inc., Glastonbury and Newtown CT
- Peter M. Bakker Agency, Inc., Avon and New Hartford CT
- Renaissance Alliance member agencies made 12 acquisitions this past year
Nine Mass. agencies reach 15-year membership milestone
In addition to workshops, presentations and the trade show, member agencies old and new were also recognized.
In particular, nine independent agencies were recognized this year for reaching their 15th anniversaries as members of the Renaissance Alliance. Those agency members included the following:
- B&M Insurance Agency, Inc., Wakefield MA
- Bates-Fullam Insurance Agency, Inc., Springfield MA
- Bernard M. Sullivan Insurance Agency, Inc., Ipswich MA
- Eldredge & Lumpkin Insurance Agency, Inc., Chatham
- G. W. Morisi Insurance Agency, Inc., Longmeadow MA
- Joseph A. Curley Insurance Agency, Inc., Wakefield MA
- Pope Insurance Agency, Inc., Plainville MA
- Ross Insurance Agency, Inc., Holyoke MA
- Woodcome Insurance Agency, Inc., Leominster MA