Website Charniak Insurance Agency Inc
We are currently seeking an Insurance Agent who will support Charniak Insurance’s mission to provide an excellent customer experience for each customer, 100% of the time. The ideal candidate will utilize behavioral competencies and problem-solving skills to maximize customer experiences, service customers by responding to their individual needs, and support other employees in achieving marketing, underwriting, retention, and service goals. The candidate will communicate directly with customers and office staff about intermediate underwriting guidelines, policies and marketing initiatives.
- Experienced employee who has worked in the insurance industry for more than one year.
- Licensed to sell property and casualty insurance in Massachusetts or Connecticut.
- Ability to properly sell auto, home, and commercial policies to potential customers.
- Answers the phone and provides clear answers to client’s questions and concerns without assistance.
- Processes payments including accepting payments and logging payments into system.
- Scans documents into management system
- Responds to customer inquiries through appropriate mediums including phone, in person, email.
- Analyzes, clarifies, and resolves intermediate policy and account related questions/transactions from Charniak Insurance Agency staff and customers.
- Ensures that policy transactions are issued and changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Objectively validates information provided for New Business, Endorsements and Renewal Transactions as directed.
- Gathers and analyzes necessary information critical to underwriting.
- Understands loss potential and appropriate pricing for the exposures presented.
- Enters data or prepares worksheets as needed.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Achievement Motivation: Looks to make things systematically and continuously better by setting challenging goals for self and others.
- Flexibility: Changes own behavior or approach to suit each situation.
- Information Seeking: Probes below the surface to get at the root of a situation or problem. Seeks out others who are not personally involved to get their perspective in resolving an issue or problem.
- Integrity: Does the right thing by consistently acting on the values of Charniak Insurance.
- Self -Control: Controls strong emotions and calms others in stressful situations,
- Customer Service Focus: Acts on behalf of the customer being served. Seeks information about the underlying needs of the customers, and matches products or services to those needs.
- Inquiry: Seeks to understand what others are saying, feeling, and thinking. Uses understanding based on empathetic listening and observation to influence, develop, help, or lead others.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Four-Year College Degree
- Property Casualty Insurance License in Massachusetts or Connecticut
- Experience with Applied System TAM (The Agency Manger) or EPIC is preferred.
- Data analysis and entry
- Knowledge of management information and business systems, including MS Office
- General mathematical calculations and accounting
- Time management
- Computer and software navigational skills in using multiple company systems
- Builds personal skill set by participating in insurance industry related courses and seminars as deemed necessary to expand product and system knowledge.
- Stays current with relevant products.
- Valid driver’s license
Besides some sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: standing, carrying, lifting up to ten pounds, seeing and hearing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, driving a vehicle, speaking, reading, and writing.