Website Norfolk & Dedham Group
At The N&D® Group, we have been covering local homeowners, drivers, and businesses with personalized insurance policies since 1825. As a locally grown insurance company, we know the region, know the risks, and know the right coverage.
We are currently in search of an enthusiastic, qualified professional who meets our criteria for a Physical Damage Claims Examiner within our Claims Department
Under the supervision of a Casualty Claims Supervisor, the Claims Examiner works with policy holders, agents, field adjusters and attorneys to manage property damage exposures associated with automobile claims.
· establishing timely contact with policy holders, claimants and witnesses following the report of a claim
· analyzing policy terms to insure that the coverage sought applies to the loss event
· investigating loss facts to determine liability and to rule out fraud
· assessing appropriate damages and negotiating settlements
· monitoring vendor usage and controlling expense costs
The ideal candidate would:
· be driven and interested in progressively more complex roles within the insurance industry
· have 1 or more years of experience working in the insurance or finance industry
· have a Bachelors Degree
· have an insurance designation (AINS, AIC, CPCU, etc.)
· be comfortable engaging in negotiations with consumers and attorneys
· posses strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· posses the ability to work independently and in a team environment
· be proficient in Word, Excel & Outlook
We offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, life insurance, pension and a 401(k) with match.
Our offices are located on the Charles River in historic Dedham, Massachusetts. Our employees enjoy access to subsidized breakfast and lunch options on-site, a fitness center and access to many local restaurants and shops.
The Norfolk & Dedham Group® is an Equal Opportunity Employer