Website The Concord Insurance Group
Shared Purpose. Mutual Values.
Since 1928, The Concord Group Insurance Companies has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a leading regional Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company operating exclusively through Independent Agents. We are located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients. We are proud to be affiliated with Auto-Owners Insurance Company. Auto-Owners Insurance Company is nationally recognized as the leading Mutual insurer operating exclusively through the Independent Agency channel. Auto-Owners has a long history of outstanding customer service and is an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line Property and Casualty insurer. We are excited about the future with Auto-Owners as the affiliation will allow us to expand our product offering, grow our workforce, improve operating efficiencies and strengthen agency relationships.
Job Summary: The Vice President of Marketing and Sales will serve as a key leader within the Company, overseeing the day to day Marketing and Sales operation by directing team operations, mentoring staff, communicating vision and objectives and leading Marketing and Sales activities. This leadership position will be responsible for the development, management and execution of profitable growth strategy for the Marketing and Sales function according to company goals and objectives.
- Evaluate the Company’s strategic marketing plans and build an organization that will meet changing competitive conditions. Guide the preparation, adaptation/modification, and execution of the marketing strategic plans and programs.
- Develop top-to-top relationships with key agencies, new business targets and industry influences and or experts. Drive initiatives and increase opportunities from existing agency partners and lead/ initiate the development of new relationships aligned with goals and objectives.
- Equip the team with tools and marketing and sales support that are needed to meet marketing and sales targets.
- Lead marketing communications. Enhance existing inward and outward communication initiatives.
- Monitor marketplace activity and report on relevant information.
- Develop and analysis of metrics related to performance.
- Provide guidance on Producer Compensation structures and deliver profitable growth to the organization.
- Participate at part of the Senior Management Team responsible for strategic planning and leadership; identify opportunities for the business to further goals. Determine strategic marketing and sales direction for the business including allocation of resources by sales relationships and sourcing new sales partners.
- Develop and manage marketing and sales initiatives with strategic impact on the business unit and ensure business benefits are realized. Assume ultimate accountability for marketing and sales initiatives by ensuring that they are delivered within the agreed to parameters of scope, timeframes and resource levels.
- Select, train and develop an effective high performing team. Manage and mentor staff to ensure that profitability, growth, agency service and quality objectives are met.
- Manage and execute daily business objectives with reference to budget, customer service, profitability, production and business plan objectives.
- Develop effective, collaborative relationships with internal partners, including the Claims, Underwriting, Actuarial, and IS Departments and our affiliated company partner.
- Remain current with regulatory rulings, industry trends and legal developments.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Professional Qualifications and skills:
- 7-10 years of successful Marketing and Sales experience in the property and casualty insurance environment.
- 5 years of demonstrated and strong management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and CIC or other advance insurance education. CPCU desired.
- Be confident and comfortable developing and sustaining high level relationships with strategic customers.
- Must be performance-driven and able to provide measurable results.
- Exceptional ability to build sustainable relationships quickly.
- Ability to hold people accountable.
- Excellent verbal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excels at developing, guiding and mentoring staff. Excels at building strong working relationships and is a team player.
- Embraces and employs a collaborative style and exhibits unwavering integrity.
- Possess ability to analyze and link specific marketing and sales activities to the short and long term goals.
- Possess deep understanding of the Property and Casualty marketplace including regulatory environment.
- Possess deep technical marketing, sales and product knowledge.
We offer an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays and many others.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in confidence via email to: HR@concordgroupins.com. Please be sure to put the title of the job in the “subject” if sending an email. Attn: Human Resources, The Concord Group Insurance Co., 4 Bouton Street, Concord NH 03301.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.