Veruna, a start-up and growing insurance technology software company, is seeking an experienced Director of Operations who can collaborate with departmental managers to create procedures, processes, budgets, and develop business plans. The Director of Operations will also be responsible for helping to update and develop corporate policy. The ideal candidate for this position possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions that encourage corporate growth.
Basic job functions include but not limited to:
- Improve the business processes for each department through analysis and collaboration.
- Get involved in long-term business planning at the managerial and executive level.
- Create a vision for the business and hire/develop strong leaders and other staff members.
- Responsible for managing the organization to achieve customer service metrics.
- Responsible for managing the organization to oversee the implementation of strategic plan and the achievement of project deadlines.
- Establish and maintain quality systems to ensure consistent processes that will yield quality product. Gain customer trust based on our quality and reputation that will lead to customer loyalty.
- Collaborate with department management to build team, culture, and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy winning attitude in the entire employee workforce.
- Establish support functions for the organization such as Human Resources, Purchasing, etc. and determine if the functions should be direct hires or outsourced. Make recommendations for any improvements of these functions as well.
- Must be willing to do whatever is necessary on many levels to complete the Company’s vision and mission.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years’ experience operational role in the insurance software technology or similar software space
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Effective decision-making skills
Experience with developing budgets and writing business plans