Worcester-based insurer, The Hanover, unveiled a new more flexible billing system this month saying it will deliver more convenience, flexibility and empowerment to its agents.
“We are thrilled to launch this industry-leading billing system, which is a significant investment that demonstrates our ongoing commitment to extraordinary customer service and innovation,” said Greg Tranter, chief information and operations officer at The Hanover. “In our industry, billing is the single largest source of customer complaints and therefore one of the most visible and important touch points for our company to help our agent partners do business more efficiently. We believe that the investment in our new billing platform has enormous potential to further improve customer satisfaction and our agency operations.”
The new system, available for both commercial and personal lines offers both agents and their customers easy-to-use online tools, an enhanced on-line experience as well as what they describe as a “best-in-class billing statement that is easy to understand.”
Some of the other benefits The Hanover touts include:
- Combined billing options, enabling business and personal insurance policyholders the ability to consolidate their Hanover policies in a single bill, meaning less paper, confusion and only one payment;
- Flexible payments dates which allows a Hanover policyholder to choose the due date for their premium; due dates are no longer required to coincide with a policy’s effective date;
- A greater variety of bill payment plans, including monthly and bi-monthly options, one times, and other more customized options;
- Greater payment convenience. Payments can be made online 24/7 or via automatic, recurring payments from a credit card, debit car, or e-check;
- A more user-friendly design for on-line bills which provide important facts at a glance, transaction amounts and quick and accurate status updates.
“The new billing system, with its many enhancements, produces billing statements that are clear and concise, and also offer a lot of flexibility,” said Tranter. “For example, the ability to customize options like payment due dates can be a critically important issue for a personal insurance policyholder who is on a particular pay schedule or a business owner who prefers to pay bills on a certain day of the month,” he continued. “This is all part of our focus to provide agents and their customers with the responsive service experience that they deserve.”