The Robert P. Powers Insurance Agency is based in Worcester
This year, Travelers named Robert Powers of the Robert P. Powers Insurance Agency was named a 2014 Agent of the Year. A Worcester native, Mr. Powers is a veteran of the Massachusetts insurance industry and a past President of the Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents.
Mr. Powers began his career in insurance in the Worcester claims department of Philadelphia-based Reliance Insurance Company. In 1973, he became a Vice President of the Stark, Johnson & Stinson Insurance Agency in Worcester, then a large commercial lines agency. When the company was acquired by Arthur J. Gallagher & Company twenty years later, Mr. Powers transitioned into the new entity as a Senior Vice President for the firm’s Massachusetts operations, becoming a specialist in both personal and commercial lines insurance.
In 1994, Mr. Powers left Arthur J. Gallagher to form his own independent agency, the Robert P. Powers Insurance Agency.
In addition to his insurance career, Mr. Powers has also been active in the insurance community at large. In addition to being a past President of the MAIA, he continues to serve as a board member of the Number One Insurance Agency, which is operated by the MAIA, as well as on the board of Medical Malpractice carrier, Coverys and the BayState Savings Bank. He also serves on the Advisory Board of the Family Health Center of Worcester.
Each year, Travelers honors 11 of its most valued personal insurance agents
As it does each year, Travelers held its Personal Insurance Leadership Conference this month to celebrate the company’s top independent agents and brokers from across the country.
The highlight of the annual event is the Agents of the Year Award where this year the Connecticut-based insurer honored 11 of its top Personal Insurance independent agents for their “strong commitment” to Travelers as well as the high level of service and long-term profitable growth that each of these agencies has achieved.
“We are pleased to honor these business leaders for their accomplishments and partnership,” said Greg Toczydkowski, President of Personal Insurance for Travelers. “These agents demonstrate the level of motivation and commitment required to achieve the highest standard of success in our industry.”
Who else was selected as a 2014 Personal Insurance Agent of the Year
In addition to Mr. Powers, the following 10 independent agents were also recognized this year by Travelers.
- Dee Ann Binion, Cadence Insurance, Houston, TX.
- Steven Bender, Creative Insurance Solutions, LLC, Rockville, MD.
- Frank Castellano, SWBC Insurance Partners, San Antonio, TX.
- Ian Exelbert, GIA Group LLC, Glenwood Springs, CO.
- Mark Gayer, Gregory & Appel Insurance, Indianapolis, IN.
- Larry Manning, Pacific Interstate Insurance Brokers, El Dorado Hills, CA.
- Robert Powers, Assuralliance, Worcester, MA.
- Todd Rockefeller, DeRosa, Rockefeller, Sohigian & Werdal, Inc., Harrison, NY.
- Brad Scott, Spence & Mathews Insurance, Berwick, ME.
- Andy Siegel, Siegel Insurance Inc., Atlanta, GA.
- Jim Winter, Northwest Insurance, Spokane, WA.