Boston-based Coverys has announced the creation of a new charitable foundation, the Coverys Community Healthcare Foundation. The medical professional insurer established the foundation to support charitable endeavors that will provide healthcare services, which will result in improving patient safety and care.
“We are in the unique and fortunate position to be able to provide assistance to deserving healthcare organizations and individuals,” explains Gregg L. Hanson, CEO and president of Coverys. “We are committed to protecting the livelihoods of healthcare providers and thereby working to improve the delivery of care and overall strength of healthcare in nearby communities.”
Through funding new charitable endeavors, the Foundation hopes to help create innovative programs affiliated with the healthcare community. Organizations wishing to apply for a grant or donation should contact the company through its website or by contacting Loren LeVasseur at 617.946-8665 or by emailing her here.
Over the years, Coverys has supported and contributed to number programs involving and promoting physician well-being and patient safety through the education, treatment and assistance of healthcare providers. Past associations that Coverys has been involved with include:
- Massachusetts Medical Society’s Physician Health Services
- The Professional Assistance Program of New Jersey
- Medical Professionals’ Health Program of Maine
- The Vermont Practitioner Health Program
- Connecticut State Medical Society’s Physicians Health and Education Fund
- Rhode Island Medical Society’s Physician Health Services Fund
- Pennsylvania Medical Society’s Physicians’ Health Program
- New Hampshire Professional Health Program