The latest hiring news as well as awards and raffles from in and around the Massachusetts insurance industry.
Rogers & Gray Insurance announced today that agency partner, Robert Bizak, has taken over the newly created position of Chief Partnership Officer at the growing, Massachusetts-based agency.
In this new role, Bizak will be responsible for building upon the success that Rogers & Gray has had over the years with acquisitive and/or partnership growth. Alongside the Chairman and President/CEO, Bizak will help set and drive long term strategy for Mergers & Acquisitions.
“As we looked at the opportunity available in our marketplace, it was clear that this dedicated role needed to be created and that Bob was the right person to fill it.” Says Michael Robinson, Chairman of Rogers & Gray. “Bob’s extensive industry knowledge paired with his culture focused work style, will allow potential partners a true view of what life at Rogers & Gray looks like.”
“Being named the “Best Agency to Work for in the US” is not an accident. Our entire team strives to make Rogers & Gray a great place to work and that’s an important story to tell to an agency thinking of selling their business or partnering with another firm.” Says Bizak. “Agency owners want to ensure their staff will be welcomed and taken care of. They want to ensure that their employees are moving to an agency that really cares and offers them opportunity. Those are the kinds of partnerships we want to create.”
Bizak, who has been a Partner at Rogers & Gray since 2004, will maintain his existing client relationships but future focus will shift to the strategic identification of potential acquisitions, relationship building and the execution of due diligence activities. Rogers & Gray, a Top 100 Agency in the U.S., is well known for it’s repeated ‘Best Places to Work’ awards including being named the “Best Agency to Work for in the U.S.” by Insurance Journal.
Cape Cod Insurance Agents Association (CCIA) Launches 2018 Driver’s Education Raffle
The Cape Cod Insurance Agents Association has announced its sponsorship of a new Driver’s Education Reimbursement Raffle for students residing on Cape Cod. To enter, eligible students need to take a picture of themselves wearing the bracelet that the CCIA has provided to schools with the message, “Stay Alive Don’t Text and Drive”.
Once they have the picture they should text it to email@example.com, an email address created specifically for the raffle. Raffle winners will be announced in December.
The following is a complete list of the Raffle Rules:
- Applicant must submit full name and telephone number along with pic wearing “Stay Alive! Don’t Text & Drive” wrist band, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drawing to take place 12/14/2018.
- Applicants must be enrolled as students in high school within Barnstable, Dukes or Nantucket Counties.
- Applicants must complete driver’s education with a Massachusetts accredited Driver’s Education Facility within 6 months (before or after) the drawing date.
- Must provide proof of completion and payment of class.
- Raffle will pay reimbursement to the payer of the class of up to $750.00
- Children & Grandchildren of Cape Cod Insurance Agent’s Association board of directors’ members and officers are not eligible.
- Winner will be notified on or about 12/14/2018 and will have until 7/15/2019 to claim the prize.
There is no purchase necessary to win. For those interested in learning more, please visit the CCIA website at https://www.capeagents.com/.