A list of insurance titles to inspire further growth in your knowledge of insurance
The Silent Auction, which helps maintain the only independent and member-supported Library about Insurance, is now live online until the Luncheon on Friday. in honor of the Library as “the leading resource for and provider of literature, information services, and quality professional education for the insurance industry and related interests.” With that mission in mind, we reached out to the Insurance Library’s longtime Librarians Sarah Hart and Meagan Stefanow, to query them as to what they would recommend as the Top 10 Books For Agents.
The Insurance Library’s Top Ten List Insurance Titles
While admitting that it was a very difficult proposition to narrow the list down to just ten, the following are their top ten picks along with a few honorable mentions that we think every insurance professional, whether agent or not, will find useful:
1. 2019 Licensing & Surplus Lines Laws for the 50 States, District of Columbia, Territories and Possessions by Hannah E. Smith, J.D. published by National Underwriter.
2. Starting, Buying, Selling and Perpetuating Insurance Agencies (includes sample customizable forms) by The National Alliance Research Academy Risk and Insurance Studies.
3 Hiring, Managing and Compensating Insurance Agency Personnel (includes customizable forms) by The National Alliance Research Academy Risk and Insurance Studies.
4 2018 Future One Agency Universe Study by Big I and Future One.
5. Best Practices Study: 2019 by Big I.
6. When Words Collide: Resolving Insurance Coverage and Claims Disputes by Bill Wilson, CPCU, ARM, AIM, AAM published by InsNerds.Com.
7. The End of Insurance as We Know It: How Millennials, Insurtech, and Venture Capital Will Disrupt the Ecosystem, by Rob Galbraith, CPCU, CLU, ChFC published by InsNerds.Com
8. Homeowners Coverage Guide by Diane W. Richardson, CPCU published by The National Underwriter Company (really we love ANY of the National Underwriter Coverage Guides).
9. The Reference Handbook of the Comprehensive General Liability Policy by Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association.
10. The Additional Insured Book by Donald S. Malecki, and Jack P. Gibson, CPCU, CRIS, ARM published by International Risk Management Institute.
The Insurance Library’s Honorable Mentions
Here are three more titles the Librarians just couldn’t leave out:
- Insurance Words & their Meanings: A Glossary of Insurance Terms edited by The Technical and Educational Products Division of The Rough Notes Company, Inc. and Bruce D. Hicks, CLU, CPCU:
- Glossary of Insurance and Risk Management Terms: More than 3,300 Terms Interpreted in Plain English with a Focus on Practical Application by International Risk Management Institute, Inc.:
- The Insurance marketplace: National Market Directory of Excess, Surplus, Specialty Lines & Industry Services by Rough Notes Company:
Please note Agency Checklists is an Amazon Affiliate, meaning we earn a commission on all qualifying purchases, but at no additional cost to you, our readers. With that said, thank you for your support and happy reading!