Richmond-based The Hilb Group (“THG”), has announced acquired another independent insurance agency in Massachusetts. As of July 1, 2019, the Handy-Apple Vally, LLC is now a part of THG’s New England operations. A multi-line insurance agency offering both personal and commercial insurance has been based in Worcester since 1983. Going forward, former clients of the Handy-Apply Valley Agency will be serviced out of THG’s Worcester location.
This is the third acquisition for THG in Massachusetts in 2019 and its 13th since 2015
With the addition of Handy-Apple Valley, LLC, THG has acquired three Massachusetts-based insurance agencies thus far in 2019. in addition to three in 2017 and 13th in the Commonwealth since 2015. The following is a list of the other Mass.-based agencies that the firm has acquired, along with links to Agency Checklists articles. Please note that since Agency Checklists began tracking agency acquisitions sometime in 2016, the 2015 transaction does not have links as this was not reported on our website then. With this latest acquisition in Massachusetts, THG’s is further expanding its geographic footprint throughout the state.
- New England-based 360 Corporate Benefit Advisors Bought By The Hilb Group
- The Hilb Group Acquires Another Massachusetts Insurance Agency, It’s First Of 2019
- The Hilb Group’s third Massachusetts agency acquisition for the month is Knight International
- The Hilb Group’s second Massachusetts agency acquisition for the month, The Bruce Crohn, LLC
- The Hilb Group, LLC Adds Mackintire Insurance Agency, Inc.
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts DBR Group (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires BAR Insurance Brokerage of Needham (2018)
- Massachusetts’ HR Knowledge Acquired By The Hilb Group (2017)
- Massachusetts’s “Five Star” Agency, Mid-State Insurance, Purchased by THG (2017)
- The Hilb Group acquires Sapers & Wallacks (2017)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Hyannis’ Dowling & O’Neil (2016)
- Hilb Group Announces Acquisitions of Insurance Firms Gencorp and Cornerstone (2015)
THG is now a top 30 insurance agency in the United States
Formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2009, the Hilb Group has grown exponentially through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. With the addition of MSIA, the Group now has over 41 offices throughout ten states: Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
In 2015, The Hilb Group became a portfolio company of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based equity fund. ABRY invests in high-quality companies and partners with management to help build their businesses. Since its founding in 1989, ABRY has completed over $42.0 billion of leveraged transactions and other private equity, mezzanine or preferred equity placements, representing investments in over 450 properties.
ABRY concentrates on industry sectors where they have substantial operating and investment experience and seeks to bring their industry insight to the investment process to understand key issues, accurately assess opportunity, and bring relevant information to bear. ABRY seeks to partner with skilled executives and invest significant capital to help build stronger companies that become industry leaders.