There is no fee to enter the 2019 RMV Low Number Plate Lottery
We love this annual summer contest because it is such an easy and economical way to reach out to your insureds across the Commonwealth each year and to help them get a great prize.
This year’s low plate lottery officially began today Monday, June 24, 2019, and will run until Friday, August 23, 2019.
All applicants should be aware that while there is no fee to enter the contest, any or all winners are required to pay a registration fee for the plate. In addition, it is important to note that requests for specific plate numbers will not be honored.
This year 231 Low Number License Plate Numbers are available
This year there are a total of 231 low number license plates up for grabs this year, a much larger number than in 2017. Of the numbers available, six are three-digit number plates: 167, 384, 529, 720, 784, and 870 (in bold below). There is also a bevy of four number plates including numbers such as 1235, 1662, 1947, 1997, and 3000.
For those who are interested, here is a complete list of all the low-number license plates up for grabs this year:
The fine print…
As with any contest, the RMV has a list of rules and regulations for participation in the contest. The following are a couple of the most important ones. To view the official list of rules and regulations, please review them on the RMV website.
- One entry per applicant. It doesn’t matter the number of active registrations one has.
- You must be a Massachusetts resident. That means a currently registered and insured passenger vehicle.
- Neither companies nor corporations may apply for a Low Number Plate.
- Paper Entries must be legible and written in ink. Illegible forms will be rejected.
- Sorry, RMV employees and immediate family members are not eligible to enter the lottery.
- Again, no requests for specific low number plates, please.
How to enter…
While in the past applicants were asked to mail in entry forms, the RMV now asks applicants to submit their entries via their on-line submission form. Even though mailed-in applications will still be accepted, the RMV says it prefers to receive online submissions.
All entries, whether online or not must be completed by the August 23rd deadline. Later this summer, the Registry will send out notifications via email for the date, time, and location of the 2019 Low Plate Lottery Drawing. By law, the Registry must announce all of the winners by September 15th.