Like last year, the RMV is accepting online applications only
Just a reminder that the deadline to enter this year’s 2021 Mass RMV’s Low Plate Lottery is this Friday, August 27th. The following is a reprint of our original article with all the particulars on the lottery as well as link at the bottom to the apply page. Good luck!
In what has become a summer tradition here at Agency Checklists, it’s time to remind our readers in the Massachusetts insurance industry that the Low Number Plate Lottery has begun. Similar to last year, this year’s lottery is being held during a shorter time period than in the pre-pandemic past, with only on-line applications being accepted.
We love this annual summer contest because it is such an easy and economical way to reach out to your insureds across the Commonwealth each year and to help them get a great prize.
Here is a quick summary of the major changes you should know about for this year:
- The official start date is July 20, 2021.
- Only online entries will be accepted this year. No paper submissions will be accepted.
- The deadline to enter this year’s lottery is August 27, 2021.
- A virtual drawing will be held on September 8, 2021.
All applicants should be aware that while there is no fee to enter the contest, any or all winners are required to pay a registration fee for the plate. In addition, it is important to note that requests for specific plate numbers will not be honored.
This year there are 200 Low Number License Plate Numbers available
There are 200 low number license plates available during the 2021 lottery, double the number in 2020. As for the numbers available, there are eight three-digit numbers including 210, 309, 323, and 388, along with additional combinations such as 1H, F1, and X25. Similarly, there are quite a few four-digit numbers to choose from as well this year.
For those who are interested, here is a complete list of all the low-number license plates up for grabs this year:
A few rules and requirements to remind you of…
As with any contest, the RMV has a list of rules and regulations for participation in the contest. The following are a couple of the most important ones. To view the official list of rules and regulations, please review them on the RMV website.
- One entry per applicant. It doesn’t matter the number of active registrations one has.
- You must be a Massachusetts resident. That means a currently registered and insured passenger vehicle.
- Neither companies nor corporations may apply for a Low Number Plate.
- Paper Entries must be legible and written in ink. Illegible forms will be rejected.
- Sorry, RMV employees and immediate family members are not eligible to enter the lottery.
- Again, no requests for specific low number plates, please.
How to enter…
As mentioned above, all entries this year must be submitted online. By law, the Registry must announce all of this year’s winners by September 15, 2020.