This is the sixth Massachusetts agency acquisition for THG in 2019
The Hilb Group continues to grow in the Commonwealth with the addition of another Massachusetts insurance producer to its ranks. The middle market insurance brokerage firm welcomed insurance specialist Beth Berardi to its Massachusetts team along with acquiring her book of business. Based in Braintree, Ms. Berardi has been a Property & Casualty insurance specialist for over three decades.
Ms. Berardi, who specializes in hospitality insurance, helps insure a number of well-known restaurants throughout the Greater Boston Area including Flour Bakery, Aquitaine, Myers & Chang, Trade, and O Ya.
Upon the acquisition of her book of business, Ms. Berardi will join THG New England office where she will focus on developing and growing the brokerage firm’s capabilities in hospitality insurance throughout New England.
This is the sixth acquisition for THG in Massachusetts in 2019 and its 15th since 2015
With the addition of Beth Berardi, THG now has acquired six Massachusetts-based insurance agencies in 2019. Overall, the brokerage firm has acquired 15 independent insurance agencies in the Commonwealth since 2015. The following is a list of the other Mass.-based agencies that the firm has acquired, linked to the corresponding Agency Checklists article. Please note that since Agency Checklists only began tracking agency acquisitions in 2016, the 2015 transaction listed does not have links as it was not reported on our website.
With this latest acquisition in Massachusetts, THG’s is further expanding its geographic footprint throughout the state.
- The Hilb Group Acquires Southborough-based G&N Insurance
- The Hilb Group, LLC Acquires Massachusetts-based, The Incentive Group, LLC
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts’ Agency Handy-Apple Valley, LLC (2019)
- New England-based 360 Corporate Benefit Advisors Bought By The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Another Massachusetts Insurance Agency, It’s First Of 2019
- The Hilb Group’s third Massachusetts agency acquisition for the month is Knight International
- The Hilb Group’s second Massachusetts agency acquisition for the month, The Bruce Crohn, LLC
- The Hilb Group, LLC Adds Mackintire Insurance Agency, Inc.
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts DBR Group (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires BAR Insurance Brokerage of Needham (2018)
- Massachusetts’ HR Knowledge Acquired By The Hilb Group (2017)
- Massachusetts’s “Five Star” Agency, Mid-State Insurance, Purchased by THG (2017)
- The Hilb Group acquires Sapers & Wallacks (2017)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Hyannis’ Dowling & O’Neil (2016)
- Hilb Group Announces Acquisitions of Insurance Firms Gencorp and Cornerstone (2015)
THG is now a top 30 insurance agency in the United States
Formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2009, the Hilb Group has grown exponentially through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. THG now boasts now has over 90 offices throughout 21 states including: Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
In 2015, The Hilb Group became a portfolio company of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based equity fund. In October 2019, The Hilb Group itself was sold to The Carlyle Group in a deal valued at a over a billion dollars. For those interested in reading more about this deal, please refer to Agency Checklists’ November 5, 2019 article entitled, “The Hilb Group Is Sold To The Carlyle Group.”