Continuing its expansion throughout New England, The Hilb Group announced that it has acquired the book of personal lines business from Rhode Island-based D.F. Dwyer & Associates, LLC. Based in Newport, Rhode Island, D.F. Dwyer provides a full range of Property & Casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals.
“We are pleased to complete the acquisition of D.F. Dwyer and, consistent with our growth strategy, to offer our expert products and solutions to an even greater number of clients in the markets and communities we serve,” said Hilb Group CEO Ricky Spiro.
According to the terms of the transaction which was effective as of October 1, 2021. D.F. Dwyer’s Agency Principal Dan Dwyer and his team of insurance professionals have joined Hilb Group’s New England regional operations, continuing to service clients from the Newport, Rhode Island, location.
THG continues to grow its presence throughout New England
The following is a list of the Massachusetts-based agencies that the Hilb Group has announced since 2009. Since Agency Checklists only began reporting on M&As and this agency in particular in 2016, the 2015 transaction does not have a link. In addition, prior to this year we did not cover agency acquisitions outside Massachusetts, as such, additional acquisitions by THG in New England are not reflected below.
- The Hilb Group Adds MillBrook Benefits And Insurance Services To Its Growing List Of Massachusetts Acquisitions (2021)
- Compass Planners Joins Forces With The Hilb Group (2021)
- Chatham’s Eldredge & Lumpkin Sold To The Hilb Group (2020)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Group Brokerage Insurance Agency (2020)
- Another Massachusetts Insurance Producer Joins The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Southborough-based G&N Insurance
- The Hilb Group Adds Massachusetts-based, The Incentive Group To Its Growing Massachusetts Base (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires The Handy-Apple Valley Agency (2019)
- New England-based 360 Corporate Benefit Advisors Bought By The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts’ Marsh-Kemp Insurance Agency (2019)
- The Hilb Group’s December Hat Trick: Three Mass. Agencies Purchased In A Month (2018)
- The Hilb Group, LLC Adds Mackintire Insurance Agency, Inc. (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts DBR Group (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires BAR Insurance Brokerage of Needham (2018)
- Massachusetts’ HR Knowledge Acquired By The Hilb Group (2017)
- Massachusetts’s “Five Star” Agency, Mid-State Insurance, Purchased by THG (2017)
- The Hilb Group acquires Sapers & Wallacks (2017)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Hyannis’ Dowling & O’Neil (2016)
- Hilb Group Announces Acquisitions of Insurance Firms Gencorp and Cornerstone (2015)
THG is now a top 30 insurance agency in the United States
Formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2009, the Hilb Group has grown exponentially through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. THG now boasts over 90 offices throughout 21 states including Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
In 2015, The Hilb Group became a portfolio company of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based equity fund. In October 2019, The Hilb Group itself was sold to The Carlyle Group in a deal valued at over a billion dollars. For those interested in reading more about this deal, please refer to Agency Checklists’ November 5, 2019 article entitled, “The Hilb Group Is Sold To The Carlyle Group.”