East Longmeadow’s MillBrook Benefits and Insurance Services, LLC is the latest Massachusetts independent insurance agency to join The Hilb Group. Founded in 2002 by two former industry professionals, the partnership is now led by Co-Founder Pete Miller specializing in Health, Life, Compliance, Employee Benefits, Benefits Management.
“We are proud of the reputation for excellent service and results that we have established with our clients,” said Pete Miller, “and we are equally excited to join the Hilb Group and expand what we offer to our customers and our community.”
According to the terms of the transaction, Agency Principal Pete Miller and his team of insurance professionals will join The Hilb Group’s New England regional operations upon completion of the transaction.
“The MillBrook team is a terrific example of an ideal growth partner: expert solutions and outstanding service,” said Hilb Group CEO Ricky Spiro. “We are thrilled to welcome them to the Hilb Group as we continue to grow our footprint in New England and nationwide.”
THG continues to grow its presence throughout New England
The following is a list of the Massachusetts-based agencies that the Hilb Group has announced since 2009. Since Agency Checklists only began reporting on M&As and this agency in particular in 2016, the 2015 transaction does not have a link. In addition, prior to this year we did not cover agency acquisitions outside Massachusetts, as such, additional acquisitions by THG in New England are not reflected below.
- Compass Planners Joins Forces With The Hilb Group (2021)
- Chatham’s Eldredge & Lumpkin Sold To The Hilb Group (2020)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Group Brokerage Insurance Agency (2020)
- Another Massachusetts Insurance Producer Joins The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Southborough-based G&N Insurance
- The Hilb Group Adds Massachusetts-based, The Incentive Group To Its Growing Massachusetts Base (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires The Handy-Apple Valley Agency (2019)
- New England-based 360 Corporate Benefit Advisors Bought By The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts’ Marsh-Kemp Insurance Agency (2019)
- The Hilb Group’s December Hat Trick: Three Mass. Agencies Purchased In A Month (2018)
- The Hilb Group, LLC Adds Mackintire Insurance Agency, Inc. (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts DBR Group (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires BAR Insurance Brokerage of Needham (2018)
- Massachusetts’ HR Knowledge Acquired By The Hilb Group (2017)
- Massachusetts’s “Five Star” Agency, Mid-State Insurance, Purchased by THG (2017)
- The Hilb Group acquires Sapers & Wallacks (2017)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Hyannis’ Dowling & O’Neil (2016)
- Hilb Group Announces Acquisitions of Insurance Firms Gencorp and Cornerstone (2015)
THG is now a top 30 insurance agency in the United States
Formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2009, the Hilb Group has grown exponentially through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. THG now boasts over 90 offices throughout 21 states including Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
In 2015, The Hilb Group became a portfolio company of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based equity fund. In October 2019, The Hilb Group itself was sold to The Carlyle Group in a deal valued at over a billion dollars. For those interested in reading more about this deal, please refer to Agency Checklists’ November 5, 2019 article entitled, “The Hilb Group Is Sold To The Carlyle Group.”