Tanna Insurance is based in Woburn
Hub International has announced the acquisition of another Massachusetts independent insurance agency. The global insurance brokerage and financial service firm announced that it has acquired the assets of Tanna Insurance Inc. (Tanna Insurance).
Based in Woburn, Tanna Insurance was founded in 2001 by Dinesh Tanna. After 20 years of working directly with carriers, Mr. Tanna opened his own family-owned and operated insurance agency. According to the terms of the transaction, Mr. Tanna, as well as the entire Tanna Insurance team will join Hub New England upon completion of the acquisition. No further terms of the transaction were disclosed.
Tanna Insurance’s connection to Tarmika
As mentioned above, Tanna Insurance is a second-generation family-owned and operated agency. Many in the Massachusetts insurance industry, however, may recognize Mr. Tanna’s son, Raghav as the CEO and co-founder of the insurtech startup Tarmika. Prior to starting Tarmika in 2019, he was the Vice President of Sales & Distribution of his father’s agency.
For those interested in learning more about Tarmika, please refer to our agency interview entitled, “Tarmika – Innovating From The Agent-Carrier Perspective.”
Hub New England continues to grow its geographic footprint throughout New England
With the addition of Tanna Insurance, Hub continues to grow its presence throughout New England. As one of the largest insurance brokers in the region, this latest addition marks the brokerage firm’s fifth agency acquisition in New England so far in 2021. The following is a list of other agencies that Hub New England has acquired recently and that have been covered by Agency Checklists:
- Hub New England Welcomes Epstein Financial Services LLC
- Hub New England Acquires CT’s Ion Insurance Corporation (May 11, 2021)
- Hub Acquires Massachusetts-Based IBG Financial Partners, LLC (April 23, 2021)
- Hub NE Expands In Vermont With Finn & Stone, Inc. Acquisition (March 9, 2021)
- Hub Acquires The Alpha Pension Group (January 26, 2021)
- Hub Acquires Its Second Massachusetts Agency In 2020 -Baystate Fiduciary Advisors, Inc. (November 17, 2020)
- Hub Acquires Massachusetts-Based Lashua-LaChance & Poliks Insurance Agency, Inc. (May 19, 2020)
- HUB New England Acquires The Insurance Center of New England (August 6, 2019)
- Dadgar Insurance Acquired By Hub (December 18, 2018)
- HUB New England Announces Two More Acquisitions In Massachusetts (March 13, 2018)
- Hub Acquires FieldEddy (October 2014)