Consistent growth through innovation and superior service propels Acadia to be one of the largest multiline regional insurance providers in the Northeast
Acadia Insurance is celebrating its 30th anniversary throughout 2022, marking this important milestone with employee and other stakeholder events, and a dedicated 30th anniversary timeline and video. Over the past 30 years, Acadia has grown its written premium to become one of the largest multiline regional insurance providers in the Northeast.
“Our employees and the culture that we have collectively built over these 30 years are two of our greatest advantages,” said Dave LeBlanc, president, Acadia Insurance. “Our people-first approach and strong core values apply to how we treat our employees, agents and our policyholders. It inspires us to deliver unique value to our customers, and it distinguishes Acadia Insurance in the marketplace.”
Founded in response to the Maine Workers’ Compensation crisis of the early 1990s, Acadia opened its first location in South Portland, Maine in March 1992. Acadia grew steadily over the years, expanding its product line and footprint into Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. Those efforts enabled it to become a leading regional underwriter of commercial lines insurance.
Recent Acadia product innovations include:
- A targeted, multi-line insurance solution for delivery service providers
- Acadia Street Eats insurance program for food truck businesses
- Advantage Auto, a full portfolio and wide array of commercial vehicle insurance auto coverages
- An enhanced policyholder portal for customers to manage their account including billing, policy and claims activity, with options to have billing and policy documents delivered electronically.
- The Closer Care MedCall Program for Workers’ Compensation incidents that features telemedicine triage by board certified emergency medicine physicians
- Acadia QuickClaim which speeds claims resolution for auto physical damage claims
- Online claims reviews which promotes transparency in claims service and customer satisfaction on first party claims.
W. Robert Berkley, Jr., president and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, said “Acadia has become a leader in its Northeast territory by making decisions close to the customer, listening to understand customer needs and delivering a superior service experience. Its success has been driven by the knowledge, expertise and dedication of the outstanding people who have been part of the organization over the last 30 years. We thank and congratulate all of our Acadia colleagues for their extraordinary efforts. In addition, we would like to thank their distribution partners and customers for being part of Acadia’s journey. We look forward to the next 30+ years.”
Source: Acadia Insurance