The Hilb Group has announced another acquisition in Massachusetts. Effective July 1, 2022, the top 30 agency entered into a partnership with Hampshire County’s King and Cushman Agency.
“We are pleased to welcome King and Cushman to the Hilb Group,” said Hilb Group CEO Ricky Spiro. “With a terrific reputation and long-standing community ties, they represent a perfect complement to our growth strategy of teaming with strong partners who have developed solid relationships with their local client base. We look forward to our next steps together.”
An independent agency for over 100 years
Based in Northampton, Massachusetts, King and Cushman has served the area for nearly 100 years, developing a proven reputation for expert professional advice supported by strong, established community connections. The agency focuses on property & casualty offerings for their clients in both commercial and personal lines. Agency Principal Scott King and his team of insurance professionals will join Hilb Group’s New England regional operations.
“Joining the Hilb Group presents an exciting opportunity for our business and those we serve,” stated Scott King. “We look forward to providing the same local, trusted service, while ultimately delivering even greater solutions, resources, and value to our customers.”
With the addition of the King and Cushman Agency, the Hilb Group greatly expands its presence throughout New England and in particular Western Massachusetts.
THG continues to grow its presence throughout New England
The following is a list of the Massachusetts-based agencies that the Hilb Group has acquired since 2015. Since Agency Checklists only began reporting on M&As and this agency in particular in 2016, the 2015 transaction does not have a link. In addition, prior to this year we did not cover agency acquisitions outside Massachusetts. As such, those additional acquisitions by THG in New England, prior to 2021, are not reflected below.
- Hilb Group Acquires Vermont-Based Paige & Campbell, Inc., Expands Market Presence And Client Offerings (2022)
- Hilb Group Adds A New Hampshire Agency (2021)
- Forrest Insurance Agency Acquired by The Hilb Group (2021)
- Hilb Group Completes Acquisition Of D.F. Dwyer & Associates, LLC (2021)
- The Hilb Group Adds MillBrook Benefits And Insurance Services To Its Growing List Of Massachusetts Acquisitions (2021)
- Compass Planners Joins Forces With The Hilb Group (2021)
- Chatham’s Eldredge & Lumpkin Sold To The Hilb Group (2020)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Group Brokerage Insurance Agency (2020)
- The Hilb Group, LLC Acquires LifePlus Insurance Agency, Inc. (2021)
- Another Massachusetts Insurance Producer Joins The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Southborough-based G&N Insurance
- The Hilb Group Adds Massachusetts-based, The Incentive Group To Its Growing Massachusetts Base (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires The Handy-Apple Valley Agency (2019)
- New England-based 360 Corporate Benefit Advisors Bought By The Hilb Group (2019)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts’ Marsh-Kemp Insurance Agency (2019)
- The Hilb Group’s December Hat Trick: Three Mass. Agencies Purchased In A Month (2018)
- The Hilb Group, LLC Adds Mackintire Insurance Agency, Inc. (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Massachusetts DBR Group (2018)
- The Hilb Group Acquires BAR Insurance Brokerage of Needham (2018)
- Massachusetts’ HR Knowledge Acquired By The Hilb Group (2017)
- Massachusetts’s “Five Star” Agency, Mid-State Insurance, Purchased by THG (2017)
- The Hilb Group acquires Sapers & Wallacks (2017)
- The Hilb Group Acquires Hyannis’ Dowling & O’Neil (2016)
- Hilb Group Announces Acquisitions of Insurance Firms Gencorp and Cornerstone (2015)
A top 30 insurance agency in the United States
Formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2009, the Hilb Group has grown exponentially through targeted acquisitions in the middle market insurance brokerage space. THG now boasts over 90 offices throughout 21 states including Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
In 2015, The Hilb Group became a portfolio company of ABRY Partners, a Boston-based equity fund. In October 2019, The Hilb Group itself was sold to The Carlyle Group in a deal valued at over a billion dollars. For those interested in reading more about this deal, please refer to Agency Checklists’ November 5, 2019 article entitled, “The Hilb Group Is Sold To The Carlyle Group.”