Pike Insurance is an independent insurance agency based in Orleans
Kaplansky Insurance has welcomed another independent insurance agency into the fold. The Needham-based agency announced that it has acquired the Pike Insurance Agency of Orleans. Founded in 1978 by Harry L. Pike, the agency has been servings its clients on Cape Cod for over three decades.
In commenting on his agency’s latest acquisition, Ely Kaplansky, President and CEO of Kaplansky Insurance, said: “Our acquisition of Pike expands our footprint in Massachusetts and particularly in Barnstable County.” Kaplansky Insurance operates 14 locations throughout Massachusetts. Following the acquisition, Kaplansky Insurance will maintain Pike’s present location at 8 Main St, Orleans, MA.
This is the 34th agency acquisition for Kaplansky Insurance
With the addition of the Pike Insurance Agency, Kaplansky Insurance has now acquired 34 agencies over its four decades in business. The following is a recap of the four most recent Massachusetts agencies it has acquired in 2018 and 2019:
- The John C. Gallagher Insurance Agency Joins Kaplansky Insurance
- Make It 32 – Kaplansky Insurance Acquires The KW Insurance Agency
- Kaplansky Acquires Its 30th Independent Insurance Agency in Massachusetts
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Massachusetts’ Kelleher & Mackey Agency
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires The Anthony & Malcolm Agency
- And Then There Were 31: Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Burak Insurance
For those interested in learning more about Mr. Kaplansky and how he got his start, please refer to our 2012 Agency Interview with him entitled, “An Inspirational Interview with Ely Kaplansky, President of Kaplansky Insurance.”