This marks the first acquisition for the Needham-based agency in 2022
Continuing its evolution into one of the largest independent locally-owned insurance agencies in the Northeast, Kaplansky Insurance has announced its first acquisition of 2022 with the addition of Roy Insurance.
“Our agency has had explosive growth and one of those drivers is through our acquisitions of other agencies, we continue to pursue our search for profitable, quality agencies who have a solid reputation both in terms of underwriting and quality of service,” said Ely Kaplansky, President and CEO of Kaplansky Insurance.
Roy Insurance, established in 1959, has served clients’ needs in the Greater Lowell community for more than 62 years and has built up a loyal customer base that will be introduced to Kaplansky’s exceptional customer experience, choice, and reliability.
Based in Lowell, Roy Insurance will transition over to the Kaplansky brand as it merges with Kaplansky’s Chelmsford Branch.
Kaplansky Insurance’s most recent acquisitions
With the addition of the of Roy Insurance Agency, Kaplansky Insurance now has welcomed 38 independent insurance agencies into its growing family of insurance agencies. The following is a recap of some of the agency’s most recent acquisitions in the past few years covered by Agency Checklists:
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Judith M. Flynn Insurance Agency, Inc. (2022)
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires John P. Riley Insurance (2021)
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires The Towers-Lemos Agency (2021)
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Staite Insurance (2021)
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Pike Insurance
- The John C. Gallagher Insurance Agency Joins Kaplansky Insurance
- Make It 32 – Kaplansky Insurance Acquires The KW Insurance Agency
- Kaplansky Acquires Its 30th Independent Insurance Agency in Massachusetts
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Massachusetts’ Kelleher & Mackey Agency
- Kaplansky Insurance Acquires The Anthony & Malcolm Agency
- And Then There Were 31: Kaplansky Insurance Acquires Burak Insurance
More about About Kaplansky Insurance
Kaplansky Insurance is a rapidly growing locally owned business looking to acquire quality independent agencies in Massachusetts and surrounding states. We currently operate 17 locations in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Our “Five Star” and “Best Practices” awards are testimonials to the relationships that we enjoy with our clients, our employees, and insurance company partners. We are highly motivated, well-funded, and have sufficient resources for attractive acquisitions. We have the means and desire to offer you a substantial premium above what other agencies will offer. This is a tremendous opportunity for principals who are looking for either an exit strategy or an expansion opportunity. We have made numerous acquisitions and are extremely sensitive to any concerns you may have regarding the well-being of your clients and your staff. We appreciate the opportunity to discuss your perpetuation plans.
If you are an agency owner looking to sell your agency or just thinking about your exit strategy down the road, we welcome the opportunity to discuss your plans. Please visit www.kaplansky.com to learn more.
For those interested in learning more about Mr. Kaplansky and how he got his start, please refer to our 2012 Agency Interview with him entitled, “An Inspirational Interview with Ely Kaplansky, President of Kaplansky Insurance.”